contact us to request a free case review
or call now (414) 271-7007

When you get injured, we take it personally.

No fees until we win your injury case!

  • association_badge
  • association_badge
  • association_badge
  • Outstanding.

  • Very friendly!

  • Excellent!

Request a Consultation
1 Step 1
Nameyour full name
Emaila valid email
Phoneyour full name
Tell us about your casemore details
0 /
powered by FormCraft
* All fields Required Or Call Now414.206.6565

Who Do I Sue After a Slip-and-Fall on Ice?

Click below to share this on social media:

When the weather gets brisk and chilly, there’s a chance you might see a little winter weather. Unfortunately, snow and ice can make conditions hazardous, and you might have already been injured because someone didn’t remove the ice collecting on their walkways.

Now, you’re wondering, “Who do I sue after a slip-and-fall on ice?” Unfortunately, that can be confusing without help. No one directly injured you, but you were injured by someone’s negligence. Fortunately, your attorney can help you find the right person and get the funds you need for a recovery.

The Property Owner

When you’re injured in a slip-and-fall accident, who is responsible for the accident largely depends on whose property you were on at the time. Typically, it’s the responsibility of the property owner to ensure the safety of their property, so if they fail to do so, they could be held responsible for your damages.

For example, you may be living in or lawfully visiting an apartment complex. You slipped and fell on an icy sidewalk, leaving you with a concussion or other head injury. In these cases, the landlord may be the responsible party.

If you were injured on their property, you’ll need to file your claim against the landlord to recover. If they failed to prevent a buildup of ice or remove it in a timely manner, they were negligent with your safety.

The Government

However, not all injuries happen on privately owned property. You might have been downtown, in a park, or in another public place when you slipped on ice and fell. If you’re injured on public property, you will need to file a claim against the government.

The government agencies responsible for maintaining safe walkways should also ensure that ice doesn’t form and harm the residents of their city. As such, they should be held accountable when you suffer because of a slip-and-fall accident.

Unfortunately, suing the government can be difficult. There are certain time limits and restrictions, which make it difficult to sue. For example, you’ll need to file within 120 days if you want to seek compensation for your accident. Because the rules regarding suing the government are so strict, it can be tough to file your claim.

Seek a Lawyer After a Slip-and-Fall

Filing a claim for a slip-and-fall can be tough. You’ll need to know who to sue after a slip-and-fall on ice, but that’s not always clear. Although you’re feeling overwhelmed, the help of a lawyer from The Law Offices of Gary S. Greenberg can make a difference.

If you’re not sure who’s liable for your slip-and-fall on ice, reach out to an attorney. Your lawyer can review your claim during a free consultation and outline how they can help you secure your rightful funds for recovery.

If you’re concerned about your slip-and-fall claim and need to know what to expect, contact us for help. Call us at 414-271-7007 or complete the following online form.