contact us to request a free case review
or call now (414) 271-7007

When you get injured, we take it personally.

No fees until we win your injury case!

  • association_badge
  • association_badge
  • association_badge
  • Outstanding.

  • Very friendly!

  • Excellent!

Request a Consultation
1 Step 1
Nameyour full name
Emaila valid email
Phoneyour full name
Tell us about your casemore details
0 /
powered by FormCraft
* All fields Required Or Call Now414.206.6565

How to Report a Car Accident in Milwaukee

Click below to share this on social media:

When you’re involved in a car accident, you’ll need to take certain steps to ensure you get the full compensation you deserve for an accident you didn’t cause. Unfortunately, you may not be sure how to get started, where to report, and how.

Fortunately, your attorney can help. We understand how difficult your recovery may be, and we’ll help you take the right steps to secure your rightful compensation. That starts with knowing how to report a car accident in Milwaukee.

When to Report

Different accidents can vary in terms of damage and cost of repairs, so many drivers aren’t sure where to start. Generally speaking, if your car accident meets certain limits, you’ll need to file a report.

For example, if a vehicle had to be towed or if a deer or other animal was killed, you may be required to file an accident report. Even a minor crash without serious injury can involve one of these issues. You’ll also be required to file a claim if someone was injured or killed in the crash.

You’ll also need to file a report if more than $1,000 in damage happened to a single person’s property. You’ll also be required to report it if $200 in damage was done to government property. If you’re not sure that your auto accident was that severe, you may need to speak to a Milwaukee lawyer about your reporting requirements.

Reporting a Milwaukee Car Crash

Now, you may know that you need to file a crash report based on the damage done. However, you may be wondering about one more thing: How do I file it?

If a police officer was called to the scene, they may have filed the crash report for you. In these cases, you may not need to do anything but take care of your injuries. Unfortunately, the officer may not have been called, or they may not have filed a report at the time.

If you need to file a report, you will need to file your report online with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. You’ll need to gather all needed information about yourself and the other driver, as well as a note about what happened during the crash. If you need help filling out this online form, speak to your lawyer about helping you complete the report or head to your local DMV for help.

Speak to Your Attorney about Reporting an Accident

If you’re injured in a car accident, you might be feeling overwhelmed about what you should do next. You’ll need to take certain steps to protect your future, and one of those steps may be filing a car accident report.

If you’re struggling with your report, your lawyer from the Law Offices of Gary S. Greenberg can help. Reach out and, starting with a free consultation, we’ll give you the guidance you need to file your claim. To get started, call 414-271-7007 or complete the online form below.