When you get injured, we take it personally.
No fees until we win your injury case!
Sheboygan Truck Accident Lawyer
When you’re hurt in a truck accident, you come face to face with one of the biggest vehicles on the road. To receive compensation, you may then face an even bigger trucking company, but you don’t have to go it alone. Hire a Sheboygan truck crash lawyer.
A collision with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck is an understandably overwhelming experience. In addition to the physical, financial, and emotional trauma of the accident, you’re faced with an uphill battle for compensation against the trucking company and the insurer.
To manage all of these stresses, many truck crash victims seek the help of a Sheboygan truck accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Gary S. Greenberg.
If you work with us, you’ll give yourself the best chance of filing a claim that provides you with the compensation you need to manage the fallout from your truck accident.
Common 18-Wheeler Accident Injuries
The injuries sustained by victims of truck accidents are often severe. Unlike the average motor vehicle crash, truck accidents put victims at even more risk because of the unequal weight, power, and size between the 18-wheeler and the other driver.
Defining your injuries and how they’re affecting your life will play a crucial role in helping your Sheboygan truck collision lawyer build your case and determine the value of your claim.
The following are some common truck accident injuries:
- Broken bones
- Sensory damage, such as vision or hearing loss
- Road rash
- Head trauma, such as a concussion
- Partial or full paralysis
- Scarring or disfigurement
Common Causes of Semi-Truck Crashes
To drive a semi-truck or 18-wheeler, you need certain skills. The law requires that truck drivers are both physically able to handle their duties and extensively trained and certified.
Strict rules also govern the average schedule of truck drivers. They are only allowed to be on the road without rest for a certain amount of time. These rules are part of an effort to prevent truck crashes.
If your Sheboygan truck accident attorney can prove that the truck driver or his or her employer did not follow trucking safety rules, you may be eligible for compensation.
Some common causes of truck accidents include the following:
- Vehicle Malfunctions – Before they are sent out on the road, semi-trucks and 18-wheelers need to be in safe condition. If a truck’s parts malfunction, the manufacturer may be held liable for a resulting accident.
- Driver Error – Although the trucking company may be the liable party when the driver makes a mistake, it’s still crucial to know whether the driver caused the crash. Common examples of truck driver error include driving drowsy, drunk, or distracted.
- External Factors – Sometimes, accidents occur because there were elements outside of the drivers’ control, such as poor road conditions, limited signage indicating construction, or a third vehicle. In these cases, a government agency or other driver may be to blame.
Let a Sheboygan 18-Wheeler Crash Lawyer Help You
If you’ve been hurt in an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident, working with the Law Offices of Gary S. Greenberg is the fastest way to get the compensation you need.
To talk to a Sheboygan truck accident lawyer, give us a call at 414-271-7007 or fill out our online contact form at the bottom of this page.