When you get injured, we take it personally.
No fees until we win your injury case!
Milwaukee Road Construction Accident Lawyer
When it comes to construction work on roadways, there’s a standard of safety that must be upheld. When this standard isn’t upheld and you suffer injuries as a result, you have the right to file a claim for compensation against the liable party.
But for the most success, you’ll likely need to work with a qualified attorney. Working with a Milwaukee road construction accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Gary S. Greenberg will help ensure that your claim is successful.
Common Injuries in Road Construction Crashes
While the goal of roadwork is often to make the roads safer for motorists, the sad truth is that, while construction is underway, the road is a dangerous place to be. Without proper precautions and safety measures, drivers can get into serious collisions and sustain all types of injuries, necessitating the services of a Milwaukee road construction crash lawyer.
Some of these injuries may include the following:
What Caused the Crash?
Beyond determining the types of injuries you sustained and how severe they are, your Milwaukee injury lawyer will need to determine the exact cause of the crash. This knowledge will help your attorney build a better case because it can prove the liability of the other party.
Some common causes of roadwork collisions in Milwaukee include the following:
- Failing to Give Adequate Notice About Upcoming Work – The rules of the road change when roadwork is taking place. Whether there will be workers present or a reduced speed limit, it’s crucial that adequate signage is provided to notify motorists of upcoming changes to the road conditions.
- Poor Conditions Post-Work – Once the construction workers leave, it’s their responsibility to ensure the road is safe for motorists. If not, the road needs to be closed. This includes everything from major potholes as a result of the work to equipment being left in a lane.
- Minimal Room for Motorists to Navigate – In some cases, it simply isn’t possible to shut down an entire section of the road for a long period of time. In these cases, construction workers may continue with their duties while other motorists are on the road. However, these circumstances may minimize the amount of room Milwaukee drivers have, creating a greater risk of accidents.
Compensation for Your Road Construction Crash
Once your Milwaukee roadside construction accident lawyer has gathered all the necessary evidence, he or she will determine which damages you’re able to recover.
These benefits may include the following:
- Compensation for property damage
- Medical care coverage
- Lost wages during your recovery period
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death benefits
Contact a Milwaukee Road Construction Accident Attorney
If you were hurt in an accident because of roadwork, get in touch with the Law Offices of Gary S. Greenberg. We’re prepared to help you file a successful claim against the liable party.
Schedule a consultation with a Milwaukee road construction accident lawyer by filling out the online contact form below or giving us a call directly at 414-271-7007.