When you get injured, we take it personally.
No fees until we win your injury case!
Milwaukee Burn Injury Lawyer
By working with a Milwaukee burn injury lawyer, you can give yourself the best chance possible for obtaining a fair and comprehensive settlement for your damages and losses.
A severe burn can result in tremendous pain, permanent scarring and disfigurement, and the need for expensive medical care and skin grafts. Truly bad burn injuries can even result in reduced mobility and blindness. Obviously, these wounds can have a profound emotional, physical, and financial impact.
When you’ve been burned and someone else was at fault for your wounds, you can hold them financially accountable for your damages through a personal injury lawsuit. Depending on how you were injured, this might be easier said than done—especially if an insurance company is involved. To get the most from your settlement, work with a Milwaukee burn injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Gary Greenberg.
Who Caused Your Severe Burns?
Burn injuries can happen in a number of different personal injury scenarios, and who the potential at-fault parties are will vary with the circumstances. Regardless of the exact accident type, we’ll need to fully investigate what happened so that all of the negligent parties can be identified and named in your lawsuit, as this will maximize your potential compensation.
A Milwaukee burn injury lawyer from our firm will know how to conduct an investigation into any accident situation:
- Traffic Accidents – While fires and burns can potentially occur in any car crash, they’re especially likely in 18-wheeler accidents that involve flammable cargo. The driver is the most obvious source of negligence, but a trucking company or government agency could also be at fault.
- Construction Accidents – Construction workers can be badly burned in situations involving electricity, fire, and explosions. If an outside third party was to blame, you won’t have to settle for work comp.
- Defective Products – Product liability cases often involve burn injuries. Defective products that ignite, overheat, or explode can cause severe burn injuries to consumers that leave the manufacturer financially responsible.
Burn Injury Compensation
The severity of your burns will determine what sort of medical care you require and therefore how much compensation you could be entitled to. The degree of your burn will also determine how long healing will take and whether any permanent scarring, disfigurement, or impaired mobility will result.
A first-degree burn is unlikely to qualify for a personal injury lawsuit as these injuries are relatively minor and tend to heal quickly and without problem. Second-degree burns, however, could easily qualify for compensation as they can cause substantial pain and scarring and often require professional medical care in order to heal properly.
A third-degree burn is the most serious and can certainly entitle you to a settlement when someone else was to blame. These burns tend to extend through the dermis and all the way to the tissue beneath, resulting in disfigurement and muscle damage.
A Milwaukee burn injury lawyer from our office can work with your doctor to determine what care your wounds will require, what the cost will be, and what the negative impact on your life will be. These are some of the factors that will need to be considered in your request for compensation:
- Medical bills for healthcare and treatments, possibly including skin grafts
- Lost wages, income, and earning capacity
- Emotional and physical therapy
- Medical equipment and prosthetics
- Cost of reconstructive and plastic surgery
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and damage done to your personal relationships
- Lost enjoyment of life
File Your Personal Injury Claim Quickly
No matter how you suffered your severe burns, you’ll want to contact a Milwaukee burn injury lawyer as soon as possible. Evidence and witness testimony will be easiest to collect immediately after the accident. The longer you wait to begin work on your case, the more likely it is that the at-fault party and time will erase or damage the necessary evidence.
You also have a finite amount of time in which to file your personal injury lawsuit. Wisconsin allows injury victims three years in which to file suit seeking damages from the at-fault party. If you wait to file until after three years have passed, the other side can request that your claim be thrown out.
Help from a Milwaukee Severe Burn Lawyer
Don’t let the expenses and damages of a burn injury ruin your future wellbeing and finances. When someone else was to blame for what happened, you can seek monetary compensation to put your life back on track. The Law Offices of Gary Greenberg can help you navigate the legal system and bring your claim to a successful resolution.
To discuss the details of your case with a Milwaukee burn injury lawyer, simply complete the contact form on this page or give our office a call at 414-271-7007.