When you get injured, we take it personally.
No fees until we win your injury case!
Waukesha Truck Accident Lawyer
When you’ve been hurt in an 18-wheeler crash, you need to know how to get compensated so that you can make a full recovery. Find out by working with a Waukesha truck accident lawyer.
If you’ve ever felt intimidated while you were sharing the road with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, you’re not alone. The size and power that makes up these monstrous vehicles is no joke. So, it probably comes as no surprise that when civilian drivers get into accidents with these trucks, the injuries or damages they sustain are often substantial.
If you were involved in a collision of this sort and you want to file a claim but don’t know where to start, the Law Offices of Gary S. Greenberg is here to help. We know that working with a Waukesha truck accident lawyer is the most reliable way to recover the compensation you rightfully deserve, and we will gladly fight on your behalf.
Most Common Causes of Semi-Truck Crashes
Driving a commercial truck requires a lot of skill and experience. The conditions and expectations of the job involved are often exhausting or dangerous, which is why it’s so important that only the most qualified truckers are allowed on the roads.
Sadly, accidents do happen. Although no two collisions are exactly the same and there will always be unique contributing factors in every case, a thorough investigation performed by a Waukesha truck accident lawyer can determine who was at fault.
Some of the most common causes for commercial trucking accidents are as follows:
- Driver Fatigue – There are federal guidelines that regulate how long commercial truck drivers are allowed to be on the roads before they are required to take a break—and for good reason. Truck drivers are often expected to complete long, arduous journeys in one shot, and this long haul can cause them to be exhausted while behind the wheel. If a truck driver felt pressure to complete the job and an accident occurred as a result, the rest logs might prove liability.
- Distracted Driving – As mentioned, the distances truck drivers are expected to make are often incredibly long. It may not come as a surprise that some drivers end up texting while they are driving or become otherwise distracted. To prove fault, we may request the phone records of the driver from the time when the accident occurred.
- Truck Malfunctions – Sometimes, the accident isn’t actually due to the fault of the driver. Malfunctions in the truck’s engine or equipment could have been the reason your collision occurred. In this case, we might need to seek compensation from either the owner of the truck (who is usually the driver’s employer) or the manufacturer of either the vehicle or the part that malfunctioned.
Damages Claimed for Commercial Trucking Accidents
The injuries or damages caused by a collision with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck are often severe. As a result, accident victims may find themselves struggling to get their lives back on track.
Your Waukesha truck accident lawyer will be there to help. We will determine the true value of your claim and ensure that the insurance companies do not offer you a lowball settlement amount. Our firm will handle all aspects of the negotiations process, so your focus can be where it matters most: getting well.
During negotiations, your attorney may seek compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses, hospital bills, and travel costs associated with your recovery
- Property damage
- Wages lost due to time off from work and any lost future earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent or temporary disabilities
- Emotional anguish
Consult with a Waukesha 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
If you were involved in a collision with a semi-truck and you want to seek compensation for your injuries, look no further than the Law Offices of Gary S. Greenberg. We will build the strongest case possible to ensure you receive all of the compensation you are rightfully owed.
To schedule a free consultation and discuss the details of your accident with a Waukesha truck accident lawyer, give us a call at 414-271-7007. Alternatively, you can reach out to us via our online contact form at the bottom of the page.