When you get injured, we take it personally.START MY FREE CONSULTATION
No fees until we win your injury case!
Milwaukee Slip-and-Fall Lawyer
Tripping and falling because a business or property left a dangerous situation uncorrected can leave you injured and facing an ever-growing pile of medical bills. To find out if you have grounds to seek compensation, speak with a Milwaukee slip-and-fall lawyer.
Whether you slipped and fell on ice at the entrance to a convenience store or a greasy floor at your favorite restaurant, these accidents can lead to serious injuries. The cost of these injuries can easily put your financial future at risk by putting you into medical debt for years to come.
However, if your trip-and-fall was caused by someone else’s negligence or error, you might be able to file a personal injury claim seeking financial compensation from them. And to make certain that the settlement you receive is fair, you’ll need a Milwaukee slip-and-fall lawyer from the Law Offices of Gary Greenberg.
There are many different types of injuries that could result from a slip-and-fall accident, and the type of injury you suffer will be the single greatest factor in determining how much your claim is worth. These injuries range from a broken tailbone or twisted ankle to severe hip and head injuries.
No matter how minor or serious your injury seems at the time, you should always receive a full medical evaluation performed by a healthcare professional after any trip-and-fall. These accidents often cause delayed injuries, so the sooner you get diagnosed, the better your chances for a full recovery will be. Your Milwaukee slip-and-fall lawyer will work with your doctor to determine the full extent and cost of your injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries can result in permanent mental impairments and physical disabilities.
- Broken and fractured limbs can cause a great deal of pain and make it impossible to work or get around.
- Facial injuries such as a broken nose or dental damage could cause permanent disfigurement.
- Spine and neck injuries often require special mobility equipment and may prevent you from working at all.
Determining Liability for a Trip-and-Fall Accident
It’s very important to prove liability in a slip-and-fall case and hold the at-fault party responsible for your injuries and damages. It will be necessary to fully investigate your accident and determine whether the party responsible for the property can be held accountable.
If we can prove that any of the below situations applied to your slip-and-fall, you could have grounds to sue for monetary compensation:
- The property owner caused the dangerous or slippery surface, such as by spilling water, oil, or grease.
- The property owner knew about the danger but did nothing to fix. For example, the city might have been notified of an uneven sidewalk or dangerous debris of some kind but never attended to the situation.
- It was reasonable to have expected the property owner to have known and fixed the danger. For instance, when it’s icy out, stores are expected to salt their entranceways.
Compensation for a Fall Injury
In order to avoid paying for the medical bills that result from a trip-and fall, you will need to file a personal injury claim against the party at fault for your injuries. You may be offered some sort of early settlement attempt, but you should never accept anything or make any statements to insurance companies or opposing attorneys without first speaking with a Milwaukee slip-and-fall lawyer.
The other side doesn’t want you to know the true value of your claim so that they can get away with underpaying you. In order to get a fair and full settlement, you’ll need to know all of the damages that you can press a claim for:
- Current and future medical bills and related expenses
- Lost wages and income incurred by missing time at work because of your injuries
- Home and vehicle modifications made to accommodate an injury or disability
- Pain and suffering experienced during the injury and recovery
- Emotional distress, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety
- Loss of consortium
Consult a Milwaukee Trip-and-Fall Lawyer
If you slipped and fell because of a property owner’s negligence, you deserve to receive monetary compensation to pay for everything you’ve been through because of your injuries. These costs can mount quickly, and the underlying issues can linger and cause financial losses and pain far into the future. Fortunately, the Law Offices of Gary Greenberg can represent your best interests during both out-of-court negotiations and trial.
Give us a call at 414-271-7007 or complete the contact form on this page to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation with a Milwaukee slip-and-fall lawyer. We’ve been helping accident victims from all over Wisconsin for over twenty-five years now, and we can help you get the settlement you need to pay for your recovery and get your life back on track.